Early Career Faculty Mentorship Program and Friday Research/Teaching Seminar Series
The Friday Research/Teaching seminar series is intended to bring together business school faculty, doctoral students, and faculty from neighboring institutions in interdisciplinary groups for the purpose of developing new areas of research and teaching through sustained intellectual collaboration.
The seminar series also features the Early Career Faculty Mentorship Program chaired by Dr. Jintong Tang. The goal is to “provide orientation, guidance, mentoring, and inclusive developmental practices” for early career faculty by strengthening peer-engagement among early career colleagues; creating a framework for mentorship by experienced colleagues within and across departments; providing an opportunity for early career teachers and scholars to engage with more experienced academics for mutually fruitful interactions; and facilitating the development of knowledge- and experience-sharing, caring, and FUN environment.
- Time: Fridays 12:00pm-1:00pm
- Location: Cook Hall Room L30
Spring 2022 Schedule
- Feb. 4Increasing the Impact of Teaching on Today’s Students (Virtual)
- Feb. 18Research with Scholarly, Practical, and Societal Impact. What does it mean?
- Feb. 25Be Heard: Women in Leadership Conference
- Mar. 4Do Designated Market Makers Facilitate Price Informativeness? Evidence from Earnings Announcements
- Mar. 11Publishing in Premier Journals
- Mar. 25Enhancing Junior Faculty Research Productivity
- Apr. 1Designing Experiential Classrooms
- Apr. 8Mentorship Wrap-Up Meeting
- Apr. 22Preventing a Hostile Work Environment: Reflections on How We Live Out our Jesuit Mission